Friday, February 5, 2010

Crazy Family Matters...




I got into an interesting conversation- (if you could call it that) - on the telephone with my sister in Montana today, she practically chastised me for a number of perceived offenses not the least of which was because I didn’t recognize the name of her favorite country & western singer. Well I still don’t recall who she was babbling on about. And if the truth be known I really don’t fucking care to either. How about this cup cake? You listen to whatever toots your tuba and I’ll listen to what ever toots mine. What can I say? Is it so unreasonable that I don’t know but a handful of modern country singers by name? Kenny Chestnut.. Billy Bob what’s his fuck.. I don’t listen to modern country so it stands to reason that I wouldn’t know one from the other. Now, Willie Nelson I know.. Waylon Jennings I know.. Patsy Cline I know.. And the handful of new country artist that I do recognize? Its probably because to me they sound like Country as I know it.. The newer stuff not so much. Rock.. Blues.. Jazz.. that’s MY bag. Modern country not so much. Now here the real boner.. Secondly she jumped my ass because I wouldn’t agree to hop on a bus to go visit her in fucking Montana. Now why would I want to do that? Seriously? Here I am trying to find a job, trying to stay afloat, and I’m supposed to shit out money for bus fare just to go to Montana so we can what? Hold hands? The last time I recall we were in the same vicinity we were at each others throats.. Needless to say the rest of the conversation didn’t end well. My Grump I think would have to be this.. If strangers can show me ( on occasion now..) at the very least some measure of civility. Then why can’t members of my own family? It just serves to me as a reminder that I live so far away from them for a reason.. Its because we just don’t get along anymore. Now my sister that I do get along with- (Also in Montana) - tells me that to please the one sister that I don’t get along with, I’m going to have to bend over backwards to please her (Just a little more) if we are ever going to get along.. What? Well my response to that would have to be that If I bent over backwards any farther than I already have, I’d be staring myself in the ass. I live in a family of Wackos.. I’m sure of it.




~Scratch~

2 comments:

The Sharer said...

So did YOU hail from Montana then?

Ditto the modern country sentiments, and ditto the need to conserve the Greyhound fare...

S

Anthony "Scratch" Timmons said...

S:

Nope.. I'm from Michigan.. they just live in Montana & modern country just sounds like watered down southern rock to me.. well thats my story and I'm sticking to it.


~Scratch~